Monday, January 3, 2011

Leak Problem

Happy New Year!!! Our resolution at Hub City RV is to pay more attention to our blog. I thought by posting some of the questions we get with our answers it would be quite helpful.

Question:
I was noticing a problem with my trailer. I noticed that my carpet on the right side of the trailer right below the window in the bedroom was wet. I took a look at the gutters to make sure they weren't clogged and they weren't. The window wasn't open and I could see where the water was coming in. I looked outside and there appears to be a depression/dip right over the window so the water pools there and comes down over the window.

Since I could see any water coming in on the inside I assume its leaking through the caulking somewhere and inside the wall. I just noticed it yesterday so I'm not sure how long its been leaking for. My obvious main concern is water in the wall and mould problems etc.

Any suggestions?

Answer:
Hello, we would recommend re-sealing around the window. As time goes by the putty they use oozes due to heat from the sun and breaks the silicone seal. The proper method of re-sealing would be to remove all silicone and putty around window and clean with solvent. Then apply a good quality silicone all the way around the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment